Lemon Almond Donuts
1 (15.25 oz) box Lemon cake mix
¾ cup Buttermilk
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Lemon oil (not juice)
1 cup Sliced almonds, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, and butter until well mixed.
3. Pour batter into pastry or Ziploc® bag. Cut a corner off Ziploc® bag.
4. Pipe batter into a lightly greased donut pan; filling molds ⅔ full.
5. Bake for 5-9 minutes until the top springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions. Add up to 5 drops of lemon oil to melted coating or until your desired flavor has been reached.
7. Dip the top half of each donut in coating, return to wire rack and sprinkle with almonds.